Assistant Controller (Hybrid: Remote & In-Office)
About the Role:
Launched in 1999, Digital Envoy introduced the concept of privacy-sensitive IP-based geolocation and IP intelligence, allowing businesses—from ad networks to publishers to websites to retailers and more—to harness the power of location and new intelligence about connected users for a multitude of mission-critical applications.
Digital Envoy is seeking a hands-on Assistant Controller who will report to and assist the Corporate Controller with the management of accounting operations. This individual must be detail oriented and will be responsible for month-end close duties, account reconciliations, preparation of financial reports and various other corporate finance tasks. The Assistant Controller will be instrumental in process improvement and growth initiatives.
This is a hybrid position with an engaging, flexible work environment where you will be in our Peachtree Corners/Norcross office 2x per week and able to attend work related in-person meetings and functions as needed.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform timely month-end close responsibilities to assist with ensuring an accurate and timely monthly and year-end close, and timely reporting of all monthly financial information, including preparation and review of journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations and preparing annual and monthly financial statements
- Analyze financial results for accuracy, budget variances, and unusual trends; research and resolve variances
- Work closely with department leaders to ensure expenses are accurately report
- Manage the accounts payable cycle, including reviewing and approving invoices, facilitating payments, and ensuring appropriate recorded to general ledger
- Serve as a key member of the team managing the audit process, including working directly with outside auditors, preparing and reviewing audit requests and preparation of annual financial statements
- Provide critical support in the maintenance, upgrade and implementation of accounting systems and procedures, working to improve processes through existing software, software enhancements, and / or new software implementation.
- Identify and implement solutions to promote efficiency within the company’s accounting operations
- Maintain and assist with the implementation of accounting policies and procedures; suggest processes improvements as the organization scales and changes
- Support the organization through the administration of tax compliance and communicating with tax jurisdictions; prepare annual 1099 statements and other informational filings
- Ownership of treasury functions (i.e. wire generation)
- Aid in the preparation of budgets and forecasting models (i.e. expense forecasting) by establishing schedules; collecting, analyzing, and consolidating financial data
- Prepares various ad-hoc analysis and other recurring reports
- Assist in providing training to new and existing staff
- Perform additional accounting related tasks as assigned
Required Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Ability
- Bachelor's Degree required, preferably with a concentration in Accounting or Finance
- CPA required; public accounting experience preferred
- 5+ years of work experience
- Evidence of understanding and working knowledge of accounting and finance theories and practices
- Experience with accounting software systems, expense reporting and bill pay systems
- Procedural and process driven; ability to recognize and implement process improvements where needed
- Extremely organized and attentive to detail; maintains accurate records and supporting documentation
- Confident and proactive self-starter who is skilled in taking initiative and eager to taking ownership of responsibilities.
- Willingness to establish and maintain effective working relationships, collaborates and effectively communicates with team members
- Strong time management skills to manage one’s own time, competing priorities, and multiple tasks
- Experience within a technology company a plus